Welcome to Accessible Web Info, an initiative that aims at making the Internet more accessible to everyone.
Accessible Web Info is about making websites usable by everyone, regardless of their platform or their capabilities. More specifically, Accessible Web Info aims at making sure that all Internet users can perceive, understand, navigate, and interact with the Web.
Accessible Web Objectives
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and other alternatives for multimedia.
- Create content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning.
- Make it easier for users to see and hear content.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Do not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable ways.
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future user tools.
More information about the type of objectives we subscribe to can be found at the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
“The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
— Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director